Storing Business Records
When storing Business Records in a Non-Professional manner; in your office, home, garage or self-storage unit, you run the risk of violating Government standards requiring you to maintain the integrity of the file and a chain of custody.
Issues to consider when storing files in this manner are as follows:
- Frequent Delays in finding required files and important information.
- Lacking control and administration of retention and disposal policies.
- Improper and inaccurate listing of records and their location.
- Valuable information and vital records in unsecured locations.
- Not maintaining a secure chain of custody.
- Not keeping accurate records of files and documents in duplicate locations.
- Not meeting regulatory requirement standards with controls for complete records and information management.
- Wasted staff time spent searching for records.
- Wasted staff time travelling to records storage locations.
- Continuing investment required for new filing equipment and systems.
- Shortage of space to store and manage existing and new files correctly.
The average cost per information security breach in 2009 was $6.75 million.
Resolving these issues is economical and easy.
Call POUCH Records Management today at 714-515-3256.
Learn more about POUCH Records Management.